Today I continued the mobo tray. First I made a tool for threading the acrylic. Thanks for fellow modders on instructing on how to do it and in general letting me to it’s doable at home :-).
Then I found out that the 2.5mm holes were not wide enough and in fact some of the holes were not straight. Time to change dremel-clone to some power tools. After experimenting with a scrap piece of acrylic, I found out that 3.2mm bit was good for the job and managed to dremel and file the threading tool to work with that hole.
Threading work in progress:
Once I got each hole threaded, I inserted the M4 screwas with few nuts to keep the layers tightly together:
To keep the layers perfectly aligned I didn’t remove the M3 screws installed yesterday until I had the remaining 4 holes threaded and fitted with M4 screws:
Next: the supports.