As I broke already all the cutting wheels that came with my Dremel clone, I had to get new ones. Unfortunately the spare parts for it are hard to find, but fortunately Dremel tools, altough overprized, are easily available. Thus I bought 36 Dremel cut-off wheels and four sanding rolls.
Unluckily the cutting wheels didn’t fit the wheel bit that came with my tool, so I went and bought Dremel diamond cutting wheel, which came with proper wheel bit:
The bonus is of course that now I have also the diamond cutting wheel :-]. I am sure I can find some good use to it.
This one I have had for some time already, and now it’s finally used:
What is it for? Might it make more sense when cut to size (it’s *very* tough stuff to cut, I tell you):
So, it will be mobo standoffs. I browsed through Biltema to find something pipelike that would have some amount of softness, but would be rigid enough not to give in too much, and this is what I came out with. It’s maybe the hardest type of rubber I have come by and in addition to that it’s reinforced with glass fiber, or something similar. Works like a charm.
Next thing on my todo list is to get mobo rails fastened to lower compartment cover and add the pieces that will press upper edge of the mobo tray to mobo rails once it’s in place.
I resolve both these issues with same pieces of acrylic. The third function for them is to fill the gap between the bent lower compartment top cover and mobo rails you can see here:
Here is the plan for the next stage and some of the plans actually transferred to a piece of acrylic:
To get sharp corners, I cut two pieces from L-shaped alumium profile I had lying around from some long since abandoned modding project:
I found the hacksaw with brand new blade be very effective on this one. Diamond wheel would have done the job, but with a lot more noise and time. Thus I first cut a starting point for the hacksaw to prevent it from sliding alongst the edge of the metal and finished it off with hacksaw.
This is it for now, now back to actual bending :-).